Monday, July 22, 2013

Psalm 73:26 says, "My body may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart; He is mine forever."

I found this verse while playing Psalms roulette yesterday morning, and I am convinced it was no accident as it has been extremely encouraging (unlike the roosters and barking dogs at 4:00 am). Today was our second day of leading VBS and my group led 3-6 yr. olds. As soon as I sat down with the kids, I was instantly mauled by children. I have never experienced anything like this in my life; the joy in their eyes was unreal! One boy in particular named William would not let go of my shoulders. They craved our love and attention so much, and being able to give those to them was an indescribable feeling. 

In this moment, it made me think if this is what Jesus feels when we choose to love Him and glorify Him, and also how it would feel when we reject Him and go our own way. So that's what was occupying my thoughts for much of the day haha. Please continue to pray for us, and the people of Guatemala. I cannot wait to see what God has in store for us for the rest of the week!

- Caleb H. 




4 comments:

  1. WOW, powerful stuff Caleb. And much food for thought ... thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing experience! Your post brought me to tears. I will pray that the group continues to have enough rest and therefore strength dispite the crowing roosters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And this....is what your experience is all about! May you each continue to have more of these moments----simple, sweet, yet very profound moments where God can teach you something about you, others and your relationship with God ;-)
    Love the sharing of these experiences too!
    Thanks for keeping us families at home a part of what is happening. We love you all and are praying for you continuously!

    <3 Mama Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. That would be so cool to see all you awesome Grace guys with those sweet kids! Great job! Praying daily for clarity, health and peace. Love, mom .

    ReplyDelete