Sunday, July 21, 2013

sunday afternoon...

I only have good things to say about today because it was so amazing. Today group "D" went to a church service and we were able to lead worship as well as act out the story of David and Goliath. The only downer would have to be that the student that played Goliath was sick, but we were able to make it work. The one thing that really made today such an awesome day was the service itself. The church we were at made us feel so welcome and so loved, and not a superficial love but one that was sincere. They truly were happy that we were there and they did not let the language barrier interfere. The pastor  was so encouraging and gave us his best wishes with our missions work and called us all up to pray for us. The worship service was amazing, although I am not fluent in Spanish, I was able to understand and sing along to some of the songs. But when I stopped singing and looked around me and I saw everyone worshiping I was overfilled with joy. They were clapping and dancing and just singing at the top of their lungs. I was just so moved, and at that moment I couldn't have been more happy to be on this trip. I am sure today will be one of many that continue to amaze me and show me the love of God through the people I am able to meet. In Christ We Are One. - Jazmyne M.

2 comments:

  1. Is that my David that is sick:( I am praying for you to feel better. I hope it is soon! I will be praying for all of you. Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool Jazzy, I love the description of what you were surrounded by! Isn't it great to know that you are right where you're supposed to be and able to be blessed along with being a blessing! That's how God works!!!!!

    <3 Mama Nancy

    ReplyDelete